Finance big projects and get peace of mind with a low fixed rate and a low monthly payment. Remodel your kitchen, install a pool, or replace your roof. Our program is flexible to allow for staged payments to a contractor and small do-it-yourself projects.
- Personal loan for home improvement projects
- Loan Amounts up to $35,000
- Terms up to 84 months
FAQs of our Home Improvement Loan
- What is needed from the borrower to get a home improvement loan? A credit score of at least 640, verification of income reported on the application, a valid state-issued ID, and a contract from a licensed contractor.
- Is an appraisal needed? No, it is an unsecured loan so appraisal is necessary.
- Can a Home Improvement Loan be done completely online, or will a branch visit be needed during the process? It can be done online with remote closings, but can be done in branch – whichever is easier for you.
- How long does it typically take from application to funding? If you already have an executed construction contract, we can close in as little as 24-48 hours. For new JAXFCU members, the process may take a couple of days longer.
- Are there exclusions for use of the loan funds? It must be used for home improvement purposes. Funds are paid directly to your contractor, however up to 10% of the loan amount can be paid to you for Do-It-Yourself items.
For your convenience this product has 2 distinct features:
- Deferred Payment for 4 months
- A Draw Period of 4 months
Your first payment isn’t due until 4 months after your closing so you can finish your project and then start your payments. Loan proceeds are disbursed through a series of advances paid directly to your contractor, or you can use 10% of your loan amount for a do-it-yourself project. Ask us for more details.
Home Improvement Loan Rates
|Term||Loan Amount||Annual Percentage Rate (APR)*||Estimated Payment per $1,000 Borrowed|
|36||$10,000-$30,000||6.58% – 9.58%||$30.73 – $32.14|
|48||$10,000-$30,000||6.58% – 9.58%||$23.79 – $25.22|
|60||$10,000-$30,000||6.58% – 9.58%||$19.64 – $21.09|
|72||$10,000-$30,000||6.79% – 9.79%||$16.98 – $18.46|
|84||$10,000-$30,000||6.99% – 9.99%||$15.11 – $16.64|
*The ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE you receive is based on certain creditworthiness criteria. Home Improvement Loan Rates reflected are effective as of April 8, 2017. Rates are subject to change without notice.
Collection Costs: You agree to pay all costs of collecting the amount you owe under this agreement, including court costs and reasonable attorney fees.
Filing Fees: If you give a security interest in certain types of property, we may charge you a filing fee to protect the property. If so, the amount of the fee will be disclosed to you at the time you obtain an advance.
Late Charges: If a payment is received more than 10 days after its due date, a late fee, equal to the greater of $25.00 or 20% of the interest due, will be assessed.